I AM ABOUT TO TURN 66!
I feel great, focused and energised.
One of my aims is to live my life as true to my philosophy and be an example – to show interested people that food is your medicine and that your daily choices about everything, matter.
I try to live a lifestyle which lowers inflammation in my body – I know how important this is.
We all know the importance of sleep, exercise, healthy unprocessed food, community, a sense of purpose, a feeling of strength and confidence – even quiet confidence, vitality, etc
I was inspired to set up REVIVEwithJANE to share ideas and facts of maintaining health and happiness as we age. Beauty – inside and out is founded on wellness – being happy and healthy.
HEALTH IS YOUR TRUE WEALTH!
Most of my habits (some still in developmental stages) are now called bio-hacks.
WHAT IS BIOHACKING?
According to forbes.com biohacking, also know as human augmentation or human enhancement, is do-it-yourself biology aimed at improving performance, health and wellbeing through strategic interventions.
In other words, making changes to your lifestyle in order to ‘hack’ your body’s biology and feel your best.
You know the saying, ‘You are what you eat’? That actually applies to humans in a broader sense. Everything we put into our bodies — our foods, our thoughts, our physical movement — affects how we behave.” By “biohacking yourself”, he says “you can actually transform your body so you feel more energized, more productive and, overall, like the best possible version of yourself.”
Some common biohacking techniques like meditation and intermittent fasting have been around since ancient times.
SOME BIO-HACKS I PRACTICE – EVERYDAY TOOLS I USE TO KEEP HEALTHY AND HAPPY AS I GROW OLDER TO FEEL FABULOUS.
- Exercise before my day starts. Some type of movement – can include, yoga, a jog, light weights, a hit of tennis, a walk along the beach – maybe with a swim.
Something just to get me going.
- Sun-gazing or being out in nature. I usually wake up as the sun rises or just a bit before. I love to get outside and put my feet on the earth to ground. A walk in nature. I often choose activities which are outside. I get a little sun in the morning and the late afternoon – I miss this in winter!
- Intermittent FastingT his is one of the best bio-hacks I have come across. See REVIVE’s Intermittent Fasting program.
4.Breaking my fast – After my exercise and as I break my fast I often have a lemon water with REVIVE’s Super Green Elixir (100% organic greens blend) which encourages – clearer skin and energy levels, – improves digestion and gut health, – stronger nails and hair and – a healthy immune system. REVIVE’s nutrient dense REVIVE’s Super Green Elixir is the perfect way to get a healthy dose of essential greens into your meals and snacks.
- Tea ritual – I love tea – all types of tea, especially REVIVE’s Relax Calming Tea – full of herbs used to help calm, relax and ease the mind into a deep restful nigh’s sleep. A bonus mindfulness practice can come with this if you ask me, so ask me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meditation – I first learned meditation in 1982 in India – I have practiced it on and off since then either guided or in silence. When I am diligent I get great benefit from this and aim to be in the ‘now’ and let life flow.
- Mindfulness – to endeavour to be fully present, aware of where I am and what I’m doing and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around me. I practice seated, walking, standing and moving mindfulness exercises. I am working on a series of mindfulness practices – so stay tuned. to your inbox
- Juicing. I often have a juice for lunch to break my intermittent fasting, sometimes with a light afternoon tea and then a dinner with my partner. We do a juice fast once or twice a year. See REVIVE’s 7 Day Juice Journey.
- Autoimmune Elimination Program – I practice this lifestyle hack about 90% of the time. This is one of the most amazing experiments you can do on yourself. See revivewithjane.com/program/ to read some of the testimonials from this program and if this suits you start immediately. Amazing and often unexpected positive results may come from this program.
- Cold therapy at the end of my shower. I am now up to 90 seconds of turning my perfect temperature shower (warm to hot) to cold – no hot water whatsoever!!! It is miraculous in taking my mood to a happier level, calms itchy skin, wakes me up, increases circulation, reduces muscles soreness post workout, skin tingles, and much more. I must admit it is much easier in summer than in winter and in Bali, Indonesia it is a welcome cool down.
Think about cold showers having a place in your daily routine. If you’re going to try, gradually build up the duration and intensity.
N.B. I haven’t tried an ice bath yet. 🥶
- Unplug – I really try hard to sleep with my phone not charging near my bed. I also try to be aware of not mindlessly scrolling mindlessly through social media and getting lost down a rabbit hole on the internet. I am seriously aware that when I’m not scrolling on the internet is off I am much more constructive with my time – even if I’m daydreaming.
- Joy – The best bio-hack is joy! Finding the beauty in everything around you. See how the quality of your day improves.
- Dry skin brushing – helps improve my circulation, sweeps away dead skin cells and smooths my skin, helps to get the blood moving to all parts of my body, stimulates my lymph nodes. You can do this twice a week before your shower leaving your skin soft and happy. Start slowly and gently.
These bio-hacks aid to keep you healthy in the short and long term.
Tell me some of your bio-hacks or ones you try from here. I am really interested to know! Instagram, Facebook email@example.com
To your health and happiness,