Sweet Potato Poke Bowl
Poke is Hawaiian for “to slice” or “cut crosswise into pieces” usually served raw.
Revive’s Poke bowl is served with baked sweet potato to add to this vegetarian dish.
- ½ an orange sweet potato
- shredded cabbage (all colours)
- sliced radish
- sliced avocado
- spaghetti carrot
- chopped tomato
- sliced cucumber
- 500g brown or red rice
- Optional – your favourite nuts and or seeds.
- Peel sweet potato, cut into 2-3 cm sized square, place in bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (don’t drown them), sprinkle with all spice, garam masala and cinnamon
- Mix well
- Bake in moderate oven for 15 mins.
- While potato is baking – Prepare other vegetables
- Cook rice.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, whisk together the tamari or Braggs Amino Acids, rice vinegar, dried chilli flakes, sesame oil, and minced garlic and ginger.
- Assemble poke bowl with rice in first, don’t over fill your bowl, then decorate with other prepared vegetables and lastly the sweet potato on top.
- You can add some Pickled vegetables and chopped herbs on top.
- Place dressing on the table so your guests can add it themselves or not at all